Here is the summary of happenings.
- Bingo night at kids school. I took all 3 kids by myself because husband was away in another city for work (after being away in yet another city earlier that week).
- Youngest had a meltdown because she didn't win anything.
- Middle child was grumpy because we left early.
- Oldest child was thrilled to stay behind with a friend of his and to be dropped off at home later that night by the friend's parents.
- I was reasonably grouchy because I had to "do it all" alone.
- Still, it was a fun night, we all enjoyed playing bingo and seeing some friends/acquaintances.
- I made oatmeal and did some yoga.
- J took older daughter to dance class and then out on a father-daughter date
- In the meantime, the rest of us played frisbee outside, found flowers (snowdrops?) in the garden, and read some books. I also managed to call my parents, schedule a dinner date with them, and make lunch (tuna salad and lentil soup).
- E had a soccer game. It was entertaining enough that I didn't get as far in my book as I thought I would.
- E and I had a date at the Veterans Museum.
- I took my parents out to dinner at an Israeli restaurant they like, followed by tea and ice cream at their house. It was really nice to catch up. It felt really nice to be the center of attention.
- At home, we all watched Olympics for a bit and kids had their Movie Night.
- J took kids to Hebrew School and then went to my parents house to work on their faucet.
- I went to a Rosh Hodesh event.
- H had a piano party.
- J fixed our shower (with much cursing, a trip to buy yet another tool, and a minor temper tantrum).
- I read for fun.
- I spent about 20 min going through the attic stuff (the goal is to clear up the attic room where I have my "study" and which currently doubles as the "junk room). Found a few things I've been missing, like the salad-serving spoons and egg holders (still packed from our move 4 years ago!
- We all watched the closing ceremony for a bit.
- J and I had a fight (because I've been feeling under-appreciated and he has more trips coming up and I'll have to scramble to juggle kid activities, dinner, work, etc., all alone - again! And he doesn't think about any of it or plan for contingencies at all).
- I felt better afterwords.