July turned out to be a bit crazy. Because a) crazy work load; b) summer camps.
So summer camps are absolutely wonderful. The only problem with day camps is that you have to drive your kids to and from. When I was planning this, it seemed doable - and it was doable. Just stressful. We tried to "bunch" camps as much as possible, but at best, 2/3 kids were in 1 camp and the 3rd kid was either home or at another camp. So - lots of driving/shuttling kids means the work day is fragmented and it's hard to get work done. Normally, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but we had an explosion of work in July and not enough people to do it.
Kids did the following camps:
- Tennis camp (1 week, 1 kid)
- Soccer camp (1 week, 2 kids)
- Theater camp (3 weeks, 1 kid)
- Theater camp (same as above but for younger kids; 2 weeks, 1 kid)
- Occasional 2-5pm gymnastics practice that's about 25 min drive away (1 kid; she only did it twice and then decided competitive gymnastics was not her thing).