- Museum of music. See the octobass below. They also had a piano that Chopin played, Stradivarius violins, Guarneri cello, and a multitude of harpsichords. There was an audio guide provided at the entrance that could be used to listen to all the instruments.
- Sainte-Chapelle (so much stained glass!)
- Science museum (Neuroscience exhibit was great)
- Opera house. Chagall ceiling was out of this world. Planning to come back there for a concert! Also, there was a library - how cool is that?
- Notre Dame (the gargoyles all had different faces!)
- Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis (there were giant clam shells used for holy water, donated by Victor Hugo; plus, a hundreds-year-old graffiti "republic or death")
- Louvre
- Musee de l'Armee (Napoleon's Tomb was... overwhelming. Also, Napoleon's horse was there. Maps of Borodin battle - I was on-site as a kid. Also, rabbits.)
- Jardin du Luxembourg (kids sailed toy sailboats in the fountain)
- Stravinsky Fountain (wild)
- The Defenders of Time clock (Le Defenseour du Temps)
- Musee D'Orsay
- Eiffel Tower
- Pantheon
- Montmartre (and Montmartre Cemetary)
- Marais neighborhood (we did a tour)
Food that we had in Paris and I want to try and make at home: galettes. I just need to find buckwheat flour.
I still need to sort through all the photos and videos on my camera...
How do you organize your travel photos?
No comments:
Post a Comment