***
The girls and I started watching Marble Hall Murders on PBS. I love this show so much. I told C that I want to be Susan Ryeland when I grow up. C said I was already a grown up (and looked disapprovingly at me).
I just hope that I will, at some point, sprout a greater sense of adventure and a better sense of style.
***
I have not been reading any fiction books for some weeks. I'm finishing up "Shocking Paris: Soutine, Chagall, and the outsiders of Montparnasse" by Stanley Meisler. I happenned upon Soutine when I was at Barnes, and wanted to learn more about him. It is good to have historical context for the artists and their work. I rarely enjoy biographies, but this was not exactly a biography - more of an overview of that time, both in terms of the art scene and political landscape.
***
On one hand, there is so much information out there: books, free lectures available on youtube, documentaries... the opportunites to learn are endless. On the other hand... there is so much information that it becomes useless because you have to spend so much time sifting through it all to find something good.
***
I'd love to find something about Alfred Schnittke (he composed some truly haunting music.. and he wrote scores for movies and animation films that were so good, Hollywood directors would be crying in a corner if they knew of him). I don't think I want a traditional biography. Maybe I can find a lecture...
***
If you had 2-3 hours this weekend, what would you want to learn about?
No comments:
Post a Comment